2017 Raine Study Annual Scientific Meeting: Raine Medical Research foundation prize for Best Oral Presentation by an early career researcher and student
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Lin I, Wiles L, Waller R, Caneiro JP, Nagree Y, Straker L, Maher C and O’Sullivan P (2020)
Patient-centred care: the cornerstone for high-value musculoskeletal pain management
British Journal of Sports Medicine Published Online First: 25 June 2020.
- Waller, R., A. J. Smith, P. B. O’Sullivan, H. Slater, M. Sterling and L. M. Straker (2020). “The association of early life stressors with pain sensitivity and pain experience at 22 years.” PAIN 161(1): 220-229.
- Lin, I., L. Wiles, R. Waller, R. Goucke, Y. Nagree, M. Gibberd, L. Straker, C. G. Maher and P. P. B. O’Sullivan (2020). “What does best practice care for musculoskeletal pain look like? Eleven consistent recommendations from high-quality clinical practice guidelines: systematic review.” British Journal of Sports Medicine 54(2): 79.
- Waller R, Smith A, Slater H, O'Sullivan P, Beales D,McVeigh J, Straker L. (2019). “Associations of physical activity or sedentary behaviour with pain sensitivity in young adults of the Raine Study.” Scandinavian Journal of Pain, 0(0), pp. -. Retrieved 31 May. 2019, from doi:10.1515/sjpain- 2019-0038
- Baker B, Kessler K, Kaiser B, Waller R, Ingle M, Brambilla S, Viscardi E, Richards K, O'Sullivan P, Goucke R, Smith A, Yao F, Lin I. “Non-traumatic musculoskeletal pain in Western Australian hospital emergency departments: A clinical audit of the prevalence, management practices and evidence-to- practice gaps.” Emergency Medicine Australasia. 2019; 0(0)
- Lin I, Rankin A, Wiles L, Waller R, Goucke R, Nagree Y, Gibberd M, Straker L, Maher CG, O’Sullivan PB. Infographic. “11 best practice recommendations for care in musculoskeletal pain.” Br J Sports Med. 2019:bjsports-2019-100821
- Lin I, Wiles L, Waller R, Goucke R, Nagree Y, Gibberd M, Straker L, Maher C, O’Sullivan P. “What does best practice care for musculoskeletal pain look like? Eleven consistent recommendations from high- quality clinical practice guidelines: systematic review.” British Journal of Sports Medicine 2019 in press
- Waller, R., A. J. Smith, P. B. O’Sullivan, H. Slater, M. Sterling, and L. M. Straker. 2019. “Associations between Musculoskeletal Pain Experience and Pressure and Cold Pain Sensitivity.“ Clinical Journal of Pain 35 (1): 56-64.
- Moloney, N., D. Beales, R. Azoory, M. Hübscher, R. Waller, R. Gibbons, and T. Rebbeck. 2018. “Are measures of pain sensitivity associated with pain and disability at 12-month follow up in chronic neck pain?.“ Musculoskeletal Care 16 (4): 415-424.
- Lin, Ivan. Wiles, Lousie. Waller, Robert. Goucke, Roger. Nagree, Yusuf. Gibberd, Michael. Straker, Leon. Maher, Chris. O’Sullivan, Peter. “The overall quality of clinical practice guidelines for musculoskeletal pain is poor: a systematic review”. British Journal of Sports Medicine 2018 52: 337-343
- Waller, R., A. J. Smith, P. B. O’Sullivan, H. Slater, M. Sterling, J. A. McVeigh, and L. M. Straker. 2016. “Pressure and cold pain threshold reference values in a large, young adult, pain-free population.“Scandinavian Journal of Pain 13: 114-122.
- Waller, R., L. Straker, P. O’Sullivan, M. Sterling, and A. Smith. 2015. “Reliability of pressure pain threshold testing in healthy pain free young adults.“ Scandinavian Journal of Pain 9: 38-41.
- Rebbeck, T., N. Moloney, R. Azoory, M. Hübscher, R. Waller, R. Gibbons, and D. Beales. 2015. “Clinical ratings of pain sensitivity correlate with quantitative measures in people with chronic neck pain and healthy controls: Cross-sectional study.“ Physical Therapy 95 (11): 1536-1546.
- O’Sullivan, P., R. Waller, A. Wright, J. Gardner, R. Johnston, C. Payne, A. Shannon, B. Ware, and A. Smith. 2014. “Sensory characteristics of chronic non-specific low back pain: A subgroup investigation.“ Manual Therapy 19: 311-318.
- Reubenson, A., T. Schnepf, R. Waller, and S. Edmondston. 2012. “Inter-examiner agreement in clinical evaluation.“ The Clinical Teacher9: 119-122.
- Raine Scientific Symposium 2013: Reliability of pressure pain threshold testing in healthy pain free young adults (presented)
- Edmondston, S., R. Waller, P. Vallin, A. Holthe, A. Noebauer, and E. King. 2011. “Thoracic spine extension mobility in young adults: Influence of subject position and spinal curvature.“ Journal Of Orthopaedic And Sports Physical Therapy 41 (4): 266-273.
- O’Sullivan, P. B., T. Mitchell, P. Bulich, R. Waller, and J. Holte. 2006. “The relationship between posture and back muscle endurance in industrial workers with flexion-related low back pain.“ Manual Therapy11 (4): 264-271.